About 35 years ago, my father made a school clock from an Emperor Clock Kit. The clock was stolen and never recovered but by this time, the company no longer made the kit.
This is one of two clocks I made to replace it. All the wood parts were made from scratch from the same black walnut as the original and plans made from photographs.
ApplianceStand1The parts before final assembly.
We bought two identical computer desks for the children several years ago, the usual chipboard affairs. When they wore out, I made two identical replacements from cherry solids and maple plywood.
Here Bob the Minion is demonstrating the newly installed desk. The chair was also replaced after the photograph was taken.
I made this stand to house the small appliances in the kitchen. It is open so they are always easy to get at and the middle shelf comes out on full extension slides. The wood is Brazillian mahoghany with maple ply to tie in with the kitchen cabinets.
The main distinctive feature of the piece is that the joinery is quite massive. The main legs are twice as thick as the 3/4 inch wood commercial pieces would use and it is built to the exact size of the space with no waste.